Very Inspiring Blogger Award
I was nominated for this award by my fellow blogger Cindy Knapper at A Slice of Life. Thanks, Cindy, most of all for being such a faithful reader. Although I think most of us write for ourselves, it doesn’t hurt to know others find our words to be of value.
* Recipients of this award are asked to:
1. Thank and link with the person who nominated them.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about him/herself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Optional: Display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven facts about myself:
1. I do not know what I think until I speak or write.
2. I have had four near-death experiences and each one prompted a huge change in my life.
3. I abhor all fish and I’m allergic to salmon.
4. Sharon Olds and Mary Oliver are my favorite poets.
5. I have written a poem a day for over 3 months now.
6. I know I should be writing more serious “stuff” but I absolutely love the puzzle of writing rhymed and metered poetry.
7. I never know what I am going to write ahead of time. Line by line, it just comes.
8. I learned as much about writing by doing art for 10 years as I have from any writing class.
9. I studied under Robert Roripaugh, James Cole, Robin Johnson and Jack Grapes and owe them all a huge debt of thanks.
10. Ooops…I was only supposed to tell you seven things, so omit the two you find to be least relevant.
My nominees are:
purpletoothedgrin.wordpress.com—for originality and wit and never ever taking the easy way out by using old or predictable images.
you-monsters-are-people.com—because they, too, mourn the loss of chalkboards and they frequent dive bars!!!
okcforgottenman.wordpress.com—because he is soooooooo weird and the consummate wordsmith.
repocomedy.com—because they make me laugh and because they were some of the first to appreciate my blog.
robertokaji.com—because he is a gentleman and a scholar who is also a pleasure to read.
purplemountainpoems.blogspot.com—because everything she writes I wish I had written!
storyshucker.wordpress.com—because who can resist a good and original story?
jaysonbrownjewelry.com—because his statements are made through beautiful jewelry, each piece of which tells a story of its own.
ogginblog.wordpress.com—because she is my favorite NaPoWriMo poet. Would that she would continue to write after April!
bucketlistpublications.org—because they bring the world to us when we have plenty of time left to still discover it ourselves.
everywhereist.com—because she does the same thing in a totally different manner
dailydickinson.com—because she gives hope to all hidden poets that someday someone will find us and spread our words.
alotfromlydia.wordpress.com—because she professes not to be the world’s greatest mom but is wearing a shirt that says she is.
ninaalvarez.net—because she knows how to be a sparrow and is willing to share her secret.
fearfuldragon.wordpress.com—because they show me what all the places I visited forty years ago are like now.
I might add that if any of you do not wish to go through this process, it is fine with me. It is labor-intensive, but I just wanted to share some of my favorite blogs and perhaps bring you a few new much-deserved readers. You need do nothing more that just receive the acclaim without claiming the badge, or you may continue the process by nominating 15 additional bloggers. Best, Judy