Please click on any sign to enlarge all and see details.
The neighbor’s goulash party was a yearly hit,
but as the new guy on the block, he’d never been to it.
And though he was a clothes horse—stylish, svelt and cool,
he wasn’t very good at spelling, as a rule.
So when he was invited for a goulash blast,
he didn’t know the party was for a mere repast.
Now here he was, dressed in his sheet, feeling pretty foolish
when no other party-goers showed up looking ghoulish.
The prompt today was ghoulish.
You’ve shown us through your policies as well as how you feed
that the only real emotion you experience is greed.
Everything you come upon you brand with the name “Trump,”
Yet lack of compassion still labels you a chump.
In all your machinations, you attempt to spin the pulley.
Like other gleeful little boys, you have to play the bully.
What you have written on the world is not, Sir, what will last.
The image history makes of you you have no power to cast
unless it’s by your actions, and it’s clear what they have been.
How many evil actions have you endorsed with your pen?
Those fed their pablum with golden spoons may not develop empathy,
but that’s no reason why they couldn’t exercise some sympathy.
Things Donald Trump has named after himself: (Thanks, Wiki.)
- Trump Tower, New York City
- Trump Towers Pune, India (in development)
- Trump Tower Mumbai, India (in development)
- Trump Towers Istanbul, Turkey
- Trump Towers (Sunny Isles Beach), Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
- Trump Tower (White Plains), White Plains, New York
- Trump Tower Manila (also known as Trump Tower at Century City), Makati City, Philippines (in development)
- Trump Tower Punta del Este, Uruguay (in development)
- Trump Towers Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Trump Towers Rio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Trump Tower (Tampa), Tampa, Florida
Trump International Hotels
- Trump International Hotel and Tower (Chicago)
- Trump International Hotel and Tower (Honolulu)
- Trump International Hotel and Tower (New York City)
- Trump International Hotel and Tower (Vancouver)
- Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
- Trump International Hotel and Tower (Panama)
- Trump International Hotel Washington, D.C., also known as Old Post Office Pavilion
Planned but never built
- Trump International Hotel and Tower (Dubai)
- Trump International Hotel and Tower (New Orleans)
- Trump International Hotel & Residence (Phoenix)
- Trump International Hotel and Tower (Baku) (unfinished, divested in 2016)
- Trump International Hotel and Tower (Toronto) (divested in 2017)
- Trump Plaza (New York City)
- Trump Plaza (New Rochelle)
- Trump Plaza (Jersey City)
- Trump Plaza (West Palm Beach)
Trump Entertainment Resorts
- Trump Taj Mahal, a casino and hotel on the Atlantic City boardwalk.
- Trump Bay Street, in Jersey City, New Jersey
- Trump World Tower, in New York City
- The Trump Building, in New York City
- Trump SoHo, hotel condominium in New York City
- Trump Parc and Trump Parc East, Manhattan
- Trump Parc Stamford, Stamford, Connecticut
- Trump Park Avenue, Manhattan
- Trump Park Residences, Yorktown, New York
- Daewoo Trump World, apartment brand in South Korea
- Elite Tower, formerly known as Trump Plaza Tower, and Trump Elite Tower, Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Trump Taj Mahal, Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Trump Hotel Rio de Janeiro
- Trump Ocean Resort Baja Mexico
- Trump Tower Europe, Stuttgart, Germany
- Trump International Golf Club (West Palm Beach)
- Trump National Doral Miami
- Trump National Golf Club (Bedminster, New Jersey)
- Trump National Golf Club (Colts Neck, New Jersey)
- Trump National Golf Club (Jupiter, Florida)
- Trump National Golf Club (Los Angeles)
- Trump National Golf Club (Philadelphia)
- Trump National Golf Club (Washington, D.C.)
- Trump National Golf Club Westchester
- Trump National Golf Club (Hudson Valley, New York)
- Trump National Golf Club (Charlotte, North Carolina)
- Trump Golf Links (Ferry Point, New York)
- Trump International Golf Club (Dubai)
- Trump World Golf Club (Dubai)
- Trump International Golf Links, Scotland
- Trump International Golf Links and Hotel Ireland
- Trump Turnberry (Scotland)
- Trump International Golf Club Puerto Rico
Food and drink
The prompt word today is sympathy. (Donald Trump during Launch of Trump Steaks at The Sharper Image at The Sharper Image in New York City, New York, United States. (Photo by Stephen Lovekin/WireImage for Hill & Knowlton)
If a kiss were legal tender
I know those of either gender
who in the midst of a big bender
would be labeled a big spender.
And though they’re comely, fit and slender,
and may have many a staunch defender,
if I’m looking for a lender,
I’d prefer a less-used vendor.
The prompt today is “tender.”
Lake Taco and Car Wash is onto a good idea. As cars wait their turn to be washed, their owners can dine in the attached palapa restaurant. They had some good offerings for the main course and if the specials of the day, seen here, didn’t tickle our palates, we could always order off the menu. We balked, however, at the dessert:
The resident friendly cat rubbed up against our legs, assuring us she could finish any dessert leftovers, but still we demurred. “Then how about the shrimp burger?” she purred. It was beef hamburgers for us, all around. We skipped dessert.
I absolutely love this photo. The tables in this little cafe are actually set up on the side of the street, as you can see. I saw the milk truck coming and could see that its rear-vision side mirror was way too wide for comfort. The waitress saw this at the same time and sprinted for the table to take down the umbrella. For once, I was successful in getting my camera out in time. I should learn to wear it around my neck, because every day there are so many photo opportunities that I miss. Got this one, though!!!
For Cee’s Odd Ball Photo Challenge.
Since I leave tomorrow to go back to Mexico, I must avail myself of the opportunity to photograph the elastic face of Forgottenman, nee Big Duck, as much as I can. Here, he first reveals his confusion over how to choose from the varied menu at Perkins, then reflects on whether he made the correct choice, glories smugly over the fact that he believes he has, then fondly remembers meals of his past before just trying to adopt his intellectual pose and failing completely. At any rate, all poses are adorable, and I do appreciate his role of chauffeur in driving me all over six different states to visit friends and relatives. No greater love than to do the driving while I catch up on my blogging!
If you’d like to enjoy an even more detailed view of his countenance, click on the first photo to enlarge them all. Lucky you.
The color prompt for Nancy’s Weekly photo challenge is “Blue” this week.