Nope!!!

img_1305This really is the number of meds that are keeping me breathing right now.

Nope!!!

Okay, readers, here’s the dope.
Though desolation might reach and grope,
put in my path those bars of soap,
in depressed times, provide the rope,
I choose instead to fight and cope.
I refuse to be a misanthrope.
I really have no cause to mope,
for as long as there is breath, there’s hope.

Background info that I couldn’t fit in without really stretching it to fit in my remaining rhyme words of “ope, lope, Pope and taupe,” is that last night I was taken by ambulance for a night’s stay in the emergency room of the local Green Cross. I started having asthma attacks in the afternoon and by evening I just couldn’t breathe even with the inhalers.  None of my friends were home so finally I called a close neighbor who luckily had a sister who is both an asthma victim and a nurse. She got me calmed down and breathing through the inhaler and they went back home to have dinner, saying they’d come back to stay with me afterwards.  I tried to call a few more friends, but again, none were home, and I had another attack.  Luckily, the phone rang and it was Chris seeing how I was.  I could just gasp “Help!”  They were there in two minutes, called an ambulance, and since they could not get me to breathe without the oxygen, they took me to the hospital for the night.  Twelve hours of oxygen later, plus visits by two doctors, an injection and 5 more bottles of medicine, I’m back home with an oxygen machine I bought, looking for a portable one that doesn’t cost $5,000—what they cost here in Mexico— or $3500—what the model I’d like costs in the states. Never have I been so thankful for the breath of life!

The prompt today is mope.

38 thoughts on “Nope!!!

1. Allenda Moriarty

Oh nooooo! You poor girl! Are you going to be ok by yourself? When did Patti and Marty leave? I thought they’d be there through New Year’s. Darn, I thought you were ok after that episode about a month ago. When do you leave for the coast? Maybe the warmer weather and getting away from construction dust will help a lot. Thinking of you and truly wishing you a Happy New Year, and a Healthy one, too.

They left on Wednesday and that is when the bad bout set in again. Marti trimmed tons of plants and had the same problem breathing as she flew home, so perhaps it was the stirring up of fresh dust and pollen. I opened all the doors and windows again today and it seems to help. Thanks for your concern. I leave on the 9th.

I have asthma too and it has been a difficult period since Medicare stopped covering asthma maintenance meds. So far, so good with the inhalers… but I live in dread of an attack just like the one you describe. Doesn’t go so well with a dicey heart, either. I hope you are feeling MUCH better!!

I can get a really reasonably priced plug in oxygen concentrator but need to get a battery-operated one before I set out to La Manz. Have you priced the plug in ones? Mine was less than $150 in Mexico and should be cheaper in the states. Worth having one if you need it.

Partially, but I think a bronchitis it help to bolster is still hanging on as well. You can’t see the dust but it must still be there..and numerous blooming flowers. I need to see an allergy and pulmonary specialist but her office was unfortunately closed today..

Thanks, Barbwit. I’ve been so up to my neck that I haven’t been leaving very many comments..Hope to get back into the swing when I’m at the beach…If I get there. Happy New Year to you, as well.

3. Relax...

Aw 😦 Sorry about your health troubles. I, too, think it’s the tile dust & pollen at the bottom of it all. One lady with whom I shared a hospital room when 15 got her pneumonia from paint fumes (for the third time. Mine was from a combination of chronic childhood asthma and whooping cough). I hope the breathing thing levels off soon. I’ll ask Little Therese’s intercessory help — she endured untreated tuberculosis and well understands the breathing struggle.

1. Linda Crosfield

My cousin had TB a couple of years ago. He’d been traveling, picked it up somewhere. Probably good to eliminate it as a possibility. Drive safely when you come to LM. Oh, that’s just dumb. Of course you will. Hope you’re breathing easy again, soon!

2. Relax...

Wouldn’t hurt to rule it out — it has made somewhat of a comeback, but the timing seems related to the tile dust — I have gotten some lung thing from disturbed mold in a house and also once when DH vented the dryer into the cellar for more heat for son’s room (we were numb as planks, until then!) God only knows what grew in the moist heat down there! It seems to me it takes a while for lungs to cover over some irritant, and until then, it’s pretty miserable.

4. Anton Wills-Eve

Thank god you’re alright Judy. I do hope you manage to have the condition stabilised and without bankrupting yourself. Seriously you nearly wrapped up a truly awful year in the worst way possible for any of us. Take care of yourself and keep on breathing for many years to come. Have a very happy 2017. xx Love Anton

5. whisper218

I’d like you to look into Phoenixtears.ca which is RSO oil. It helped my mother tremendously and she had stage for emphysema with lung cancer. Overnight she dropped all her medications and oxygen and traveled in our in the car with me to the mall and then we went out to lunch . She didn’t even bring her oxygen tank for she was very vain and would not leave the house with it . First time she left the house in a month. Please look into it and if you have any questions please go on my blog and leave me a message. Kendra

Thank you so much, Whisper. A friend just gave me some that I haven’t used yet but with your advice, I will. I’ve done two blogs on this and know a man here who is a huge proponent, having cured himself of stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I know the power of that since my husband died of it! Thanks so much for your prodding. I’ll let you know how it works.

1. whisper218

So excited for you and please if u have any questions about the oil, like dosages or anything ! Lots of water make sure you add coconut butter with it. It digests much Easier with it. Please don’t be afraid to message me Like I said before , I am so very excited for you and please any questions don’t be afraid to message me!! Many blessings, Kendra

6. whisper218

I would love to know how you are feeling after your first two doses!! If you have any questions you can give me a shout, just message me. Thank you again for your reply excited for you !! God’s blessings, Kendra

7. Judy Reeves

Dear Judy, I have no health/medical advice, but I do have a heartful of love for you and sending that via this comment/post. Hope you are better today and that you discover whatever helps make you breathe easier. xo

Oh, thanks so much, Judy. We all feel the same for you and are waiting for you to find your place in Mexico! I’ve been good today and may even go to a party tonight..I bought a converter so I can run my oxygen machine in my car as well, so at least am fine for the drive to La Manzanilla, which I was worried about.