Okay, I’m falling for it. Here are my answers to Fibbing Friday.
Here is their intro and the questions, with my answers.SEARCH
Welcome to Fibbing Friday! Di and I take turns hosting, and this is my week. Answer the questions below as you see fit; just be sure to stretch, bend, break, or outright ignore the truth. Once you have your finely crafted fibs all ready to go, just tag your post as “Fibbing Friday” and link back here. Pingbacks are enabled, or you can just leave a link in the comments section.
- What musical group from the 1960s was known as “The Fab Four”?
Four ladies from the Bronx who opened the first laundromat. They hummed while they worked. (They later did a commercial gig endorsing “Fab” laundry detergent.)
- What was the “British Invasion” in the 1960s?
Petula Clark storming through “Downtown” New York City.
- What is Stephen King’s book, The Stand about? A summer job selling hot dogs.
- What was the TV show, Breaking Bad about? A really bad dancer.
- Exactly who was Kilroy? A flasher bending over backwards next to a fence.
- What musical instrument is Phil Collins best known for playing? He and his brother Tom were noted for their prowess in creating music by wetting their fingers and running them around the tops of drink glasses in a Bronx bar. His brother was the better musician, so they named their signature drink after him–the Tom Collins. Phil later joined the Bronx Philharmonic and finally received his namesake.
- According to Genesis 1, what happened on the seventh day? The Sun came out.
- What happened at the O.K. Corral? A so-so gunfight.
- According to Greek mythology, what was needed to cross the river Styx? Two hands, two styx and a bit of coordination. X
- What was the play, Inherit the Wind about? A famous chili cookoff competition.