These are this week’s questions for Fibbing Friday:
- What is an Arnold Palmer? A golf groupie who can’t keep her hands to herself.
- What is a niblick? An avid writer who is so intent on the tale that she is composing that she forgets that she’s writing with a pen and not a pencil. Licking the pen doesn’t have the same result.
- What is a mashie? A potato. The one being mashed.
- What’s the difference between a hook and a slice? One is a pirate and the other is a piece of pizza. The two are not often compared.
- What name is given to a single hole score of three under par? An insufficiently stocked vaccination clinic.
- What’s a bogey? Lauren BaCall’s pet name for Humphrey Bogart. Also her pet name for a baloney sandwich.
- What’s the difference between a regular golf course and an executive golf course? The dress code.
- What unique award is given to the winner of the Masters Tournament? A copy of The Joy of Sex.
- Why do golf balls have dimples? No one knows. That’s why golfers scream “For?” before they swing at the ball.
- What is the 19th hole? The penultimate dimple on a golf ball.
For Fibbing Friday